26th of July, 2021
The 18th International Olympiad in Linguistics took place in Ventspils (remotely) on 19th-24th of July. Team Latvia brought 4 prizes: a bronze medal was awarded to Nestors Starostins and three honourable mentions were given to Lorenss Martinsons, Džonatans Miks Melgalvis and Maksims Libensons. Congratulations!
This year the olympiad and the participant team were supported by:
- Ventspils University of Applied Sciences, its rector Kārlis Krēsliņš and foreign affairs specialist Līga Koloda
- Project “Nacionāla un starptautiska mēroga pasākumu īstenošana izglītojamo talantu attīstībai”, project coordinators Liene Voroņenko and Sintija Birule and the National Centre for Education (Valsts izglītības satura centrs)
- Foundation promoting the education of talented children "Fonds ASNI"
- Riga Secondary school No.40
- Riga State Gymnasium No.1
We kindly thank all our supporters!
Team Latvia - Lorenss Martinsons, Maksims Libensons, Džonatans Miks Melgalvis, Nestors Starostins, Aleksandra Daņilova, Varvara Gromova, Milana Komisarova and Jūlija Vaikute. (Photo: venta.lv).