4th of August, 2019
The closing ceremony of the 17th International Olympiad in Linguistics in Yongin (Korea) took place on 2nd of August. Team Latvia was awarded with two prizes: a bronze medal (Nestors Starostins) and an honourable mention (Džonatans Miks Melgalvis). Congratulations!
Participation of Team Latvia in the IOL was supported by:
- Education, Culture and Sports Department of the Riga City Council
- Foundation promoting the education of talented children "Fonds ASNI" and its executive director Laili Sakijeva
- Board members of the "Belam-Riga" company Marks Kacs and Ludmila Kaca
- Rietumu Charity Fund
- Riga Secondary school No.40 alumni Mihails Velenko and Anna Priščepa
- Association of Riga State Gymnasium No.1
- Travel agency “Travel Plus” and its chief executive Inese Šveda.
We kindly thank all our supporters!
Team Latvia - Nestors Starostins, Dean of the Faculty of Translation Studies in Ventspils University College Guntars Drejers, Vladimirs Ļitvinskis (team leader), Ata Krūmiņa (team leader), Džonatans Miks Melgalvis, Viesturs Jūlijs Lasmanis and Arkādijs Šaldovs.